VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT - MONITORING, EVALUATION & LEARNING (MEL) POSITION
MONITORING, EVALUATION & LEARNING (MEL) POSITION
The Ethiopian Society of Sociologists, Social Workers and Anthropologists (ESSSWA) has been implementing project entitled: “Strengthening Social Services System in Ethiopia (SSSSE)”with a financial and technical support from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The overall objective of the project is to improve social services provided to HIV and AIDS infected and affected Orphan and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and their families in Ethiopia by strengthening social service system and social service workforce and capacity building in four Regional Sates (Tigray, Amhara, Oromia and SNNP) and Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa City Administrations. ESSSWA is currently looking for competent and qualified candidates to fill the position stated below. Therefore, interested professionals who fulfill the requirements are hereby invited to apply for this post.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (1 full time)
The MEL Officer is expected to be familiar with the full range of activities related to social service system strengthening and workforce development program in Ethiopia. And, s/he will be responsible for the coordination, facilitation and overall implementation activities of the project within the project target regions.
• Lead the development and implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems and activities , including indicators, data collection tools, M & E tools, guidelines, analysis, reports, PMP, and training materials as required by ESSSSWA, donor(USAID/PEPFAR) and government;
• Organize review meetings with stakeholders and compile presentations and updates on progress, successes and challenges as required by the managers, donor and government;
• Provide technical assistance and capacity building for the government stakeholder, local implementing partners s and ESSSWA’s staff in relation with M & E
• Ensure appropriate regular monitoring and timely submission of all necessary reports in line with donor, ESSSWA and government reporting schedules and deadlines;
• Conduct frequent site visits to regions
• Working closely with USAID/PEPFAR partners, community platforms like CCC, and others CSO, FBOs
• Responsible for monitoring data base in the aforementioned intervention areas, gather pieces of evidence for innovative ways to manage risk, program development gains & impact, achievement of output & outcome level quantitative and qualitative indicators, and performances of challenges the overall project activities.
• Track and provide timely updates to project manager and other stakeholders including the donor on the progress of the project activities
• Document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt;
• Conduct operational research and generate evidence for decision making and planning
• Support the process of planning, development and implementation of projects/programmes related to social service system strengthening and social service workforce development;
• Identify and recommend areas for specific training and capacity-building, both for staff and target government offices, community structures and Social service workers to project manager;
• SSSSE project as a complex project requires more efforts to work closely together, communicate regularly and professionally for smooth implementation of activities with other staff.
Qualifications and Skills:
• The candidate should have Masters Degree in monitoring and evaluation, Statistics, Social Work, Sociology, Public Health, Economics, -/or related fields .
• At least five years or above experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning especially in social services system strengthening including workforce development, OVC, and work closely with Government and other stakeholders involved in interventions to OVC, adolescents , youth,HIV/AIDS
• Having M ELexperiences in OVC and HIV/AIDS projects funded by USAID is strongly preferred ,
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning programs/projects focusing on workforce development, victims of HIV/AIDS and Vulnerable Children,
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Strong analytical, ;leadership, presentation and writing skills
• Demonstrated facilitation skills and ability to present and articulate messages at public meetings, trainings and conferences, etc
• Ability to take initiatives, solve problems, facilitate team work and smoothly handle overloading and priorities,
• Motivation and ability to meet deadlines with short notices,
• Proficiency in data base and basic Microsoft Applications, PowerPoint, including, word, excel, statistical softwaresuch as SPSS/STATA, DHIS 2 o,
One year with possibility of extension based on performance and availability of fund for the project.
Application Deadline and procedures
• Only candidates who are qualifying the minimum criteria are encouraged to send your non-returnable application dossier containing the following:Application letter, up to date curriculum vitae (CV), Names and addresses of three references, at least one of them should be from the recent employer and photocopies of all academic credentials and testimonials and any other supporting documents within TEN consecutive days starting from the date of this announcement in the Reporter News Paper to the following address.
• Address: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, OR, P.O.Box: 31130, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Phone number: +251 111- 223-450.
• Submit in person at ESSSWA office located at Holy Trinity Theology College Building, Fifth Floor Office No. 502, Opposite to AAU Arat Killo Campus.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.